"My first memory is of a duck and a spanking. Specifically, it was the duck, my responsibility for its death, my father's wrath, and then the spanking."

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Whoa, what.

An update? You bet it is.

Just on the verge of heading to bed since it's 12:08 AM and I've been at the writing since 8 this evening. Just in the midst of Max's triumphal entry into Ghent to meet Mary for the first time. He's a bundle of nerves at the moment but I think I'll change this around in future edits to give him a little more anticipation and self-assuredness.

It took a while to get my mind into it tonight. I only got any sort of flow to the writing closer to the end of the evening when my brain got too tired to criticize. Typically, I write drafts on paper because the computer makes it too easy to edit. But since I wrote the initial bits on the computer, I kept at it tonight.

I'm going to see if I can't write at least three nights this coming week - even if only for half an hour or an hour. It's a practise thing - gets easier the more you do it. I've also got some reference photos slated for tomorrow morning so some sketches should be appearing later this month.

It's a slow process, I know. Horrendously slow. But I'm doing this amidst a full-time job and fifty different time-consuming hobbies. Ah well, variety is the spice of life. Or so they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment